Painting is not only a necessity but also an art. In our life, we may need to paint many things. Painting can be done on exterior or interior surfaces. For example, you may need to paint the interior walls of your house. Or, maybe you want to decorate your hunting or exterior equipment. Whatever the situation is, one thing is for sure, you will need good quality paint, primer, or paint-primer.
With so many options in the mind, many become confused when it comes to choosing one. However, the good news is there are some good and popular products available and you can easily go for one from them. For instance, VHT spray primer is a widely used spray paint that doesn’t require any primer.
But, sometimes you may need to choose a good quality primer to prime the surface before using paint. In that case, Krylon primer can be a good option. The interesting fact is that Krylon has developed some products which will work both as paint and primer to give you a better experience.
In this VHT spray paint vs Krylon primer, I will discuss everything you need to know about both of the brands. Want to know more? Read on!
VHT Spray Paint
There is no denying the fact that VHT always manufactures top-notch spray paint. This brand produces spray paint that can be used on many types of surfaces. For this guide, I will discuss VHT Flameproof coating which is one of the best high heat coatings on the market. This product is typically used on surfaces that are highly exposed to heat. For instance, you can use it on exhaust manifolds, headers, pistons, etc.
Features and Benefits:
- High-Temperature Paint: This unit suits perfectly high heat surfaces at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. It shows tremendous heat resistance. So, in extremely hot weather, the paint will not peel or crack off. If you spray this paint on your exhaust manifolds, they will remain protected.
- Ceramic Coating: It contains ceramic coating. This chemical property will ensure a great adhesiveness to the exhaust manifold, especially to its metal surfaces. As it is equipped with ceramic coating, you will enjoy the extended durability of headers. But, to deal with cast iron and rust corrosion, the silicon-based formula is also used. So, any kind of dirt, oil, or gasses should be removed.
- VHT Flat Black Paint: The VHT flameproof comes in flat black color. However, you need to apply at least three layers of coating to achieve the desired level of finish. This paint is scratch-resistant which is quite impressive.
- No Requirement for VHT priming: This model we are discussing here is a paint primer. That means you don’t need to apply any primer before applying this paint. The VHT header paint is quite perfect for your exhaust system. As it dries faster, you will be able to use the surface within a few minutes.
- Customizable: This VHT flameproof coating paint is easily customizable. There are different types of engines. For example, it can be a two-stroke or four-stroke engine. So, you can customize your order by mentioning the engine type. It will help you to get the exact amount of paint you require.
- Brand: VHT paint
- Color: Flat black
- Unit Count: 11 ounce
- Cover Included: Aerosol can
- Application: Exterior use
- Flammable: No
- Item Volume: 325 millimeters
- Temperature Tolerance: Up to 2000 degrees
- Flameproof coating
- Matte finish
- Silicone-based spray paint
- Withstand temperatures up to 2000 degrees
- No priming requirement
- Some consumers found color issues with the final finish
It is agreed by everyone that Krylon is a great brand for manufacturing top-notch spray paints. They produce spray paint, primer, and also paint primer. So, you can choose one as per your requirement. However, in my opinion, Krylon K05551007 COLORmaxx Spray Paint and Primer is the best one. Because it is built with dual properties and there is no need to use an additional primer with this product. This unit will offer you many excellent features and benefits which are discussed below.
Features and Benefits:
- Spray Paint and Primer: This product comes with dual properties. So, you can enjoy both primers and paint in this same product. There is no wonder that it will deliver premium coverage. Besides, the superior color of this paint primer will deliver excellent adhesion and durability. You can use it easily on a wide range of surfaces such as wood, metal, wicker, plastics, glass, etc.
- Excellent Rust Protection: You can spray this paint on your outdoor and indoor projects. Whether you are a DIY enthusiast or a professional painter, this product will give you great rust protection.
- Matte Glacier Blue Finish: This spray paint and primer will give you a modern and cozy finish. The glacier color spray paint will deliver a light blue color which becomes tremendous with the soft and unique matte finish.
- Easy to Use: It is designed with a big button spray tip which is very easy to push. You can apply the spray from any angle even in an upside-down way. To be honest, the user-friendly design of the spray tip will make the job easier for you.
- Drying Time and Coverage: After applying the paint, just allow 20 minutes of drying time. After that, the paint will be dried to the touch. As a result, you will be able to complete the projects faster. Furthermore, 12 oz. can offer you a coverage of 25 sq. ft. which is impressive.
- Brand: Krylon
- Color: Glacier
- Finish Type: Semi-gloss
- Size: 12 ounces (Pack of 1)
- Item Volume: 12 fluid ounces
- Paint Type: Spray
- Usage: Interior and exterior
- Surface Recommendation: Wood, ceramic, paper, fabric, glass, metal
- Excellent semi-gloss matte finish
- It is a paint primer, so need for additional priming
- Interior and exterior usage
- Dry to touch ready in 20 minutes
- Excellent coverage
- Might face difficulties when it comes to spraying evenly
VHT Spray Paint Vs Krylon Primer
When you need to compare two spray paints, it is quite challenging. Because you need to think about so many factors. The VHT spray paint is a decent product that has a great level of heat tolerance. This paint can withstand up to 2000 degrees of temperature. That is why it is considered one of the best paints for the engine.
It will give you an excellent finish and great durability which is impressive. On top of that, the ceramic coating will ensure a strong adhesiveness. As it is a paint primer, you will not need to go for any priming. On the contrary, Krylon primer is a good option if you are considering versatility.
It is also a paint primer and can be used on a wide range of surfaces. For instance, you can use this paint on wood, ceramic, paper, fabric, glass, metal, etc. It will give you an excellent matte finish. As it comes with properties of both paint and primer, no priming is required. Besides, you will get a quick dry time and coverage from this unit.
In my opinion, both products are good and you should choose one according to your needs. If you want to spray paint on a surface that is highly exposed to heat, go for the VHT spray paint. On the other hand, if you are looking for a paint primer that will offer you excellent ease of use and versatility, you should go for the Krylon primer and paint.
That said, you may think that buying only the Krylon primer without the paint option. You can go for that if you need to prime a surface. But, in a broad sense, a paint primer is always the better option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does VHT spray paint need primer?
Answer: VHT flameproof spray paint doesn’t require any kind of priming. As it comes with properties for both the paint and primer, you don’t need to use any primer before applying it.
Is VHT paint good?
Answer: Yes, the VHT paint is quite awesome and it is definitely worth the investment. It has many excellent features which will meet your expectation. It might seem time-consuming to you, but it is fantastic spray paint.
Do you need a primer with Krylon paint?
Answer: A primer is usually used to seal the surface so that the paint can work properly. Whether you need a primer with Krylon paint depends on some factors. If the project deals with porous surfaces, you should use a primer. However, using a product that comes with properties of both paint and primer will require no prior priming.
Whether you talk about VHT spray paint or Krylon primer, both of them are quite perfect to get a great user experience. In this VHT spray paint vs Krylon primer guide, I tried to explain everything you need to know about both products. I hope now you know better and can decide upon the best spray paint for your projects.